Thursday, October 29, 2009

Stitches

Well I still haven't worked much, but as usual something happened. My boss and his wife's anniversary was last Wednesday, the 21st, so neither of them worked. Matt, myself and two others worked that night. Matt and I were all night, so we would be there until 11. My boss and his wife came back from dinner and sat and talked with us. It was around 10 so I decided that I would start to get things ready to close. First I decieded to take out the garbage, this would end up being all I did. I got everything together, then decided that to kill two birds with one stone I would take out the grease as well. We drain out grease from out taco meat in to gallon jars that our green olives come in. I took everything outside and started throwing it into the dumpster. One of the first things I threw in was the grease. I hit the edge of the dumpster with the jar and it shattered. One of the pieces came back and cut my arm. I finished throwing the trash away and went back inside with my hand under my arm so I wouldn't get blood on the floor. It was bleeding pretty bad, so I washed my hands and put presure on the cut. Matt asked what I did and looked at it and said that I needed to go to the emergency room. I didn't think it was that bad, but my boss's wife agreed and called for my boss. He came up front and Matt told him to go get his car. As he was driving me to the E.R. I called my grandma to tell her what happened and where I was going. She said that she would meet us there. On the way my boss told me that he had just opened a beer and was playing cards, and that I should have waited to cut myself. I sat in the waiting room until 11, and was in the E.R. until 12. When the doctor took me back he told me that I would need 8 stictches. I went back to get them out and the nursed could not get them out, he pulled so hard that they started to bleed. He had to get another nurse to do it because he couldn't. Now it is healing and I should have a pretty scar to show off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm in the Paralegal program.

Followers