Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Black Friday

No, I am not a crazy person and I did not go shopping on Black Friday. However, I had to work from four until midnight that day. Let me tell you no one wants to cook when they cooked all day the day before and only slept for two or three hours, or not at all. We opened at four and got right to work. everyone who worked on Wednesday made sure that everything was set for Friday. The oninons, mushrooms, green peppers, tomatoes were chopped, the green and black olives drained, the sauce mixed, and the dough made, all to be prepared for that night. It started off like any other night. A few phone calls here and there, then all of a sudden at aroung 5:30 the phone would not stop ringing. Pizzas, sandwiches, and tacos, one right after another. The continued ringing of the phones, the roar of the dough machine, and the squeak of the oven doors opening and shutting were all you could hear. Almost everyone had their food delivered that night, beacuse they did not want to go anywhere else that day, and who could blame them. Around nine we were slowed down enough so that my co-worker and I could eat our dinner, so the boss could leave. When we got done eating almost everyone was gone. My boss finished and walked in back and grabed a beer. For us however, the night was not over. The phone kept ringing. Normaly after nine we get about 10 orders, that night we go between 20 and 30. The phone finaly stoped ringing at 11. We got everything cleaned up, and we were ready to leave. I yelled for my boss to come and lock the door behind us, and he did not know that it was 12 already. He let us out, we walked to our cars and drove home. As soon as I got home I went straight to bed, nothing was going to stop me from falling asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm in the Paralegal program.

Followers