Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I believe that eveyone should read

To me there is nothing liek finding a good book, on I can really relate and get into. Get into in the sense that when the character I am reading about is happy, or sad, or angry, or scared I am too. The warm feeling I get when I realize I don't want this book to end. The crisp new book smell, knowing I am the only one that has read this copy of the story. The images in my head from the descriptions of the characters. The snap shots of the scenery, and the things surrounding the characters. The tension in my fingers as I turn the final pages, the eagerness of my eyes eating up the words. The feeling of accomplishment I feel when I finish the book, and the exciting feelign of lookign for another to start reading.
My favorite thing about reading is finding a series I can really get into. Knowing that when I finish one book, there is another book waiting for me to pick it up and start reading it. Books with the same characters, yet a different plot, really make me feel connected to the main character more and more. Going on every adventure with her or him. Not knowing what will happen in the next book, chapter, or even page. Not knowing where the decisions they make will take their life, or how it will affect the other characters. Finding out that everything has worked itself out, and that everything will be back to normal again; and the secret satisfaction in knowing that there is another book, and adventure waiting for me and the character, but they don't know it.
When they make books into television shows and movies, the excitement I get from going to see the books come to life; and later being amazed, when the stories are exactly how I imagined them. Or disappointed, when they don't follow the story, or take out big parts of it. Which make me wish I would have just stuck to the book, becasue that story will never be the same again.
However, the best part of reading for me is escaping from reality. Getting under a warm blanket, and seeing the light from the lamp ignite the pages. My mind and eyes eating the words, and making all of my troubles disappear, if only for a few chapters. Forgetting where I am, because I am so into the story and loving every minute of it. To me reading is the best thing I can do in my spare time. Instead of watching television, I am stimulating my brain with words, and pictures that I create. I believe that everyone should read and enjoy a good book. If not just to escape from reality for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm in the Paralegal program.

Followers